Webster City Schools Return to Learn Plan
Iowa Department of Education Return to Learn For Families & Communities
June 25th - Iowa Department of Education released Reopening Guidance for Schools
June 29th - Return to Learn Plan was presented and approved by the School Board. This plan is the high level overview required by the Iowa Department of Education.
Webster City Schools start date was confirmed as Monday, August 24th 2020. Updated at the August 10th School Board Meeting
June 30th - Iowa Department of Education released Reopening Guidance for Schools: Frequently Asked Questions
July 1st - Return to Learn plan was submitted and approved by the Iowa Department of Education WCCSD Return to Learn Plan
July 6th - Parent/Guardian Survey has been released. Parent/Guardian Survey Padres/Guardianes Encuesta
July 13th - Return to Learn Plan with initial round of details was presented to the school board. Decisions to date include:
- All staff will be required to wear face coverings.
Students are strongly recommended to wear a face covering. (Face covering guidance is evolving and being evaluated) Updated at the August 10th School Board Meeting
- Students on busses will be required to wear face coverings due to the social distancing limitations.
- Visitors will be limited to the buildings, including parents.
- District-wide digital platforms will be Seesaw for grades PK-2 and Google Classroom for grades 3-12.
- No temperatures will be taken at the building front entrances or the bus.
- Each building has a designated room for sick students with the expectation that parents will pick up students as soon as possible.
- Resources will be forthcoming on social-emotional/mental health for staff, students, and families.
Return to Learn 7/13/2020 presentation
July 20th - Iowa Department of Education released Governor’s Proclamation Frequently Asked Questions
July 30th - Iowa Department of Education released Return to Learn: Reopening Iowa's Schools Safely and Responsibly
Chart - Return to Learn: Reopening Iowa's Schools Safely and Responsibly
Chart - Evaluating Sick Students and Staff: Reopening Iowa's Schools Safely and Responsibly
August 1st - Webster City Schools Return to Learn Update video Dr. Ross Letter Dr. Ross Letter SPA Video Script SPA
August 4th - Family Plan for Return to Learn
The Webster City Community Schools continues to plan for what teaching and learning will look like this fall. As we get ready to reopen our schools, we need to know our families' plans for their children's attendance this fall. If your preference is for your student to learn remotely from home rather than in person, please contact your student's school building office by Wednesday, August 12. If you do not contact the office by then, we will assume that you will be sending your child to school for in-person learning this school year.
Below is the contact information for each school's office:
High School 1-515-832-9210
Middle School 1-515-832-9220
Sunset Heights 1-515-832-9245
Pleasant View 1-515-832-9241
Northeast Hamilton 1-515-325-6235
August 10th - Return to Learn Plan with more details was presented and approved by the School Board
- Face coverings will be required for all students and staff
- Changes to the school calendar to reflect new start of the year conferences (August 24th & 25th), Cohort starting days (Cohort A starts August 26th & Cohort B starts August 27th) , change of a staff PD day to a student instructional day (May 17th), and a change to the last day of school (now set as May 28th)
- High School will be starting in a 4x4, A-B Hybrid Schedule
- Bus boundaries set. No students will be picked up inside the boundary set by Ohio, Superior, 2nd St., and Beach St. Students will need to walk/drive to a school building or the Bus Scramble to be picked up by a bus.
- Dr. Ross Presentation to the Board
- Mr. Johnson Presentation to the Board
August 12th - Webster City Middle School Return to Learn FAQ
August 13th - 4yr PreSchool Return to Learn Update Video
August 13th - Q & A from the chat at the August 10th School Board meeting